Cabbage Recipe with Lemon-Garlic Cashew Dressing from Global Healing
Cabbage Recipe with Lemon-Garlic Cashew Dressing
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
Cabbage with Lemon-Garlic Cashew Dressing
Length: 1 minute
- Skillet with lid
- Large knife
- Heat-resistant mixing bowl
- Serving platter
- Medium-sized pot
- 1 head pointed cabbage, outer leaves removed
- 1 tablespoon organic olive oil
- Himalayan salt or sea salt
- Black pepper
- ½ cup of unsalted, organic cashews
- Juice of ½ organic lemon
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 10 parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt or or sea salt
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ cup of unsalted, organic cashews
- Black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add ½ cup cashews to a heat-resistant mixing bowl. Pour boiling water over cashews and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Cut the cabbage into quarters lengthwise so that leaves remain attached to the core. Coat with a thin layer of organic olive oil, about a tablespoon.
- Preheat the skillet (or grill) on high heat for a minute or two.
- Place the cabbage wedges on the pan. Lightly and evenly, char each side of the cabbage.
- Season cabbage wedges with Himalayan crystal salt. Cover skillet with a lid and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for another 8-10 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the cashews and transfer to a blender. Add the organic lemon juice, chopped garlic, parsley, and salt. Blend mixture until thick. Slowly add water until you reach a consistency you like.
- Place the cooked cabbage on a serving platter and drizzle some dressing on top of each wedge. Sprinkle with the extra chopped cashews and ground black pepper.
Health Benefits of This Cabbage Recipe
This is a tasty, vegan-friendly recipe with nothing but healthy ingredients. Cabbage is a delicious, nutrient-rich, alkaline food that supports digestion.[ One-half cup of cabbage provides 45% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin C. Cashews are among the healthiest nuts and offer many essential vitamins and minerals.